- Cycle: Master.
- Domain: Foreign Letters and Languages.
- Branch:French Language.
- Specialty: Language Sciences.
- Duration: 2 years.
About the course
Aim of the course
- Consolidate knowledge of language sciences and French to apply for doctoral training.
- Installing specific skills in the field of linguistics: The main objective is to ensure safe training and to give students solid knowledge in the field of linguistics and language: phonetics, lexicology, syntax, lexicography, sociolinguistics (sociophonetic, dialectology), psycholinguistics and onomastics.
- Improve the quality of training and strengthen the student’s methodological and communication skills.
- To set up a training system characterised by flexibility and international comparability (recognition of the diploma at international level);
- To create a simple and efficient academic and applied training course offering to the student opportunities for socio-professional integration and further doctoral studies.
– Proficiency in the French language.
– Proficiency in linguistic theories.
– Training of a teacher-practitioner capable of:
- Describing the functioning of the language.
- Justify and explain the linguistic state by using its theoretical readings.
- Diagnose all the difficulties inherent to the oral (pronunciation, articulation, combination, rhythm, musicality) and find suitable solutions, etc.
- Training a student able to prepare for higher degrees of magistral rank: Master and PHD.
- Training a student able to integrate into multidisciplinary teams on pedagogical, scientific, computer projects (computer processing of languages), press and information teams
Dissertation (End of study project)
Drafting of a research brief and public defence.
Program (Taught modules)
To download PDF: Click Here
Due to the mastery of linguistic theories, which this master’s degree aims, the student can apply for doctoral training in linguistics or language sciences.
The Master’s degree in Language Sciences can allow students to continue their studies in lexicology, phonetics, pragmatic linguistics, sociolinguistics, psycholinguistics, and onomastics. The student will have all the skills to be admitted to the teaching competitions.
At the end of this training, holders of the Master’s degree, language science & didactics option, will have the opportunity to practice in different sectors, mainly:
- Higher education and scientific research,
- National education (public and private).
- Vocational training centers.
- Book businesses such as the development and publishing of specialty books and manuals.
- Foreign language dissemination centers such as cultural, national and foreign centres.
- Communication professions (journalism and media).
- Foreign companies and import-export…..
- Professional integration: a master’s degree in language sciences offers great recruitment opportunities in both teaching as well as administrative and social sectors.