Missions of the Institute
The Institute of Languages and Literature was created in 2008 by Executive Decree 08-204 of July 9, 2008, with two departments: Department of Arabic Language and Literature, and Department of English Language. Its mission is to provide students with qualitative courses and solid knowledge in Arabic language and foreign languages, particularly English and French, and in literature and literary creation.
The number of students of the Institute reached 3827 students during the 2018/2019 season, supervised by 111 professors.
The Institute of Languages and Literature, today consists of two departments:
- Department of Literature and Arabic Language.
- Department of foreign languages.
The Institute of Literature and Languages offers courses that covers the three cycles: License, Master, and Doctorate.
Courses in Bachelor
1.Field of the Arab literature
- Branch: Literary studies, specialty: Arabic literature.
- Branch: Linguistics, specialty: Applied linguistics.
2. Field of Foreign languages
Courses in Master
1. Master in Arabic language and literature
- First-year (ancient Arabic literature, contemporary literature, Algerian literature, applied linguistics, Arabic linguistics).
- Second-year (ancient Arabic literature, contemporary literature, Algerian literature, applied linguistics, Arabic linguistics)
Le premier concours de doctorat a été organisé au cours de la saison 2015/2016, dans la spécialité de la littérature moderne et contemporaine. Actuellement, l’institut compte 31 doctorants.